Texas Instruments - DMD CHIP FAILURE

Dayton, Ohio 6 comments

I have over 30 Home theater projectors on hand and they all have the same failure of the DMD Device - all manufactured by TI.The brands included, Mitsubishi, Dell, Optoma, NEC, & others.

Not only are projectors involved but I see many customer complaints on the net about LARGE SCREEN TV's with the same problem due to TI FAILING DMD Device. TI makes a claim their dlp CHIPS have a MTBF of over 20,0000 hours and that is just a plain big old LIE. TI needs to OWN UP to their garbage that has obviously caused MILLIONS in loss to consumers worldwide. Why has a class action lawsuit not been filed against TI?

I have all these projectors that have WHITE SPOTS that looks like the NIGHT SKY ALL over the picture.There are tousands of DLP TV's and projectors now2 listed on E-bay with the same problem for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR

Comments

Same problem here.5 BenQ projectors with same problem and my Samsung DLP Projection TV had the same failure.

Ridiculous there there was never a class action lawsuit on this.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States #907410

I own several dell 1209s ALL with this same problem.

Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey #805108

What about customers located outside the good olde USA?

If a Class Action Suit is filed, it covers the purchases

made in the USA.I purchased my Dell DLP projector outside of

the USA.

Now, I am stuck with some garbage projector with

starry night skies. Dell is an American company. Texas

Instruments is an American company. Quick solution: I will stay away from any American product from now on (either the projector brand or the chip manufacturer).

I wish I had bought some Sony/Epson/Sharp projector with 3LCD chip..Too bad.

to Samman San Jos, San Jose, Costa Rica #1218269

I had a DLP Viewsonic Projector and at 400 hours it fails, a lot of white spots appear on screen. I hate DLP, and this is a fail caused by Texas Instrumens. Now I use LCD.

Same problem with a few of our projectors

BAD DMD CHIPS!BENQ,INFOCUS,VIVTEK, JUST TO NAME A FEW.

TI NEEDS TO STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM! I HAVE LOST COUNT OF HOW MANY DEFECTIVE PROJECTORS WITH WHITE DOTS IN PIX IHAVE SEEN. MFG. DATES RANGE FROM 2009 TO 2011.MY CUSTOMERS ARE NOT HAPPY.

NOT ONLY DO MY CUSTOMERS SUFFER DOWN TIME SOME MFGS.

WILL NOT COVER LABOR.DOES THE GOVERMENT NEED TO GET INVOLED?

View more comments